Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Meet My Scar- Day 5

 My scar today-
(Sorry this isn't the best pic, Vala is being clingy and insists on nursing every time I take out my phone to snap a pic) 
It’s looking really good today. It seems smoother and softer. The color is still in the process of changing. I did get a weird attack of itchiness last night, but it went away faster than it usually does when it gets itchy. I’m noticing that the edges of the strip are starting to not adhere well, so I guess I need to wash it. I’ve been wearing the strip for the maximum time possible and just taking it off for baths and to massage my scar/take pics.
Massaging isn’t going as well as I want it to. I need to kick my butt into gear about that. Even if the scar ‘looks’ good from the outside it won’t be truly healed until I help that scar tissue break up. My husband and I have been trying to conceive number two for a while now and I’m a little worried about the pain resulting from scar tissue stretching again. I feel like it might be worth it to look into a massage therapist for this. I wonder if my insurance would cover that…I guess I’ll add that to my list of questions that I need to call about.

No comments:

Post a Comment