Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Meet My Scar- 751 days since my cesarean

Wow, I can hardly believe it's been that long! We just celebrated Vala's second birthday and I really can say I don't know where the time has gone. Before I had kids, I thought that was such a cliche thing to say, but really, WHERE IS MY LITTLE BABY?! I think birthdays of traumatically born babies are always an emotional time and this one was no different. In fact, I think that topic deserves it's very own post, so I'm saving that for later.

So, without further adu, on to talk of scars!


My scar is healing alright I suppose. My husband seems to think it's disappearing, but I think mentally I'll always see it as I did immediately after I took that bandage off for the first time.

I've been surprised that I haven't felt a lot of sensation yet in my scar, but I do anticipate that I as I get bigger with this pregnancy. I have been doing daily scar massage with evening primrose oil as suggested by my midwife to help break up scar tissue.

No comments:

Post a Comment